Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rejection

Rejection is a common issue among older child adoptees. Personally, anything that resembles rejection makes my skin crawl. I can remember getting my brother to ask my a-parents if we could do something, because I hated hearing the word no. When I was in college, I would only go out with a girl a few times because I feared that she was going to reject me. It was better for me to "reject" her before she was the one to say no. How are you doing with rejection? Sherrie Eldridge has a great article concerning this topic. Read it and then let me know what you think.

I am a 22-year-old adoptee in the midst of therapy for adoption issues. My therapist said that many adoptees struggle with feelings of rejection. Why is this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home